I came across this easy recipe years and years ago. I was looking for a great recipe to take to church potluck dinners. This very quickly became a favorite – both at home and at the potluck.
- 2 lb pkg frozen shredded hash browns, partly thawed
- 2 10 3/4 oz cans cheddar cheese soup
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 sm pkg frozen chopped onions (opt)
- 2.8 oz can French-fried onion rings
Pre-heat solar oven while preparing recipe.
Combine all ingredients (except French-fried onion rings). Pour into greased pan. Cover and bake in hot solar oven until potatoes are cooked and hot ( 3 -4 hours). Just before serving, top with the onion rings.
NOTE: For crock-pot, cook on Low for 6 -8 hours or on High for 3 -4 hours.