I grew up thinking these were really baked beans. My mother would throw this recipe together and bake it in the oven with a ham. I, being the modern woman that I am, adapted this recipe to the crock-pot and then to the microwave. And it served me quite well for 30+ years. And now I “bake” these beans in my solar oven. Okay, this is really just one of those “heat ‘n eat” kind of recipes. But what’s wrong with that?
Quickie Baked Beans
- 1 can (16 oz) pork ‘n beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 TBSP ketchup (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp mustard (or more to taste)
- 1 TBSP brown sugar (will be sweet – so use less if you don’t want it really sweet)
- 4 slices bacon, pre-cooked until crispy, and crumbled
Pre-heat solar oven while preparing the recipe.
Combine all ingredients, except bacon. Cover and put into the pre-heated solar oven. Let heat in solar oven until hot ( 1 – 2 hours). Top with crumbled bacon bits. Makes 4 servings.