Today I’m making an easy but hearty stew. This can be made with all fresh ingredients or with leftovers from the fridge.
Easy Solar Beef Stew
- 1 -2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, diced
- 4-6 carrots
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 can green beans (15 oz)
- 1 can corn (15 oz)
- (or frozen mixed vegetables can be used instead of canned)
- salt & pepper to taste
Cut meat, onion, carrots and potatoes into bite size pieces.
Combine meat and water in a stock pot, cover, and place in solar oven. I like to give the meat a head start to help tenderize it without overcooking the vegetables.
After about 2 – 2 1/2 hours, add all of the remaining ingredients. You may need to add additional water to cover your veggies.
Return to solar oven and simmer for 2 -3 hours.
Yes, it is that easy.
Here’s another stew that you might like Chicken Noodle Stew.
- A delicious Beef Stew Recipe can be easily and inexpensively prepared at home (beefstewrecipe.wordpress.com)
- You can easily make a delicious crock pot beef stew recipe at home (crockpotbeefstewrecipe.wordpress.com)